New release CSVI Pro 6.6.0
The previous version has been released over 2 months ago but things have been busy on the development side of CSVI. We have a huge list of changes and new features that you asked for. Keep the requests coming :) Of course, as always, we squased a number of bugs as well. Let's check out all the changes that have been implemented into CSVI 6.6.0.
The fixes that are in CSVI Pro 6.6.0
- Fixed restoring template with one field
- Fixed Product price publish date fix on VirtueMart prices
- Fixed duplicate path in image in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed fatal error on VirtueMart Product import when no language set
- Fixed Custom Fields For All not updating new values
- Fixed Save button on the Field Mapper
- Cleaning product manufacturer relation before importing new ones in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed cron not importing multiple files from folder
Internal server error
This is an issue that comes up not once in a while but all the time. Since this error tells us completely nothing other than that something has gone wrong but won't tell us what. So we have improved the notice that shows up when this error occurs on how to proceed next. The notice looks like this now:
Joomlafication of CSVI
CSVI is moving to be more Joomla style rather than follow it's own style. The Settings in CSVI has been moved to the Global Configuration of Joomla where all components have their settings. To access the options you go to the Dashboard in CSVI and click on the Options button.
The menu has changed as well, did we always have a horizontal menu at the top, CSVI now has the left menu like everywhere else seen in Joomla.
We have also implemented the search tools as used by Joomla. Now you can filter everywhere at the same place.
The VirtueMart support has been improved further yet again, there seems to be no end to this :) Here is a list of the changes we have added for VirtueMart:
- Added option to store only media link in VirtueMart Product import
- Added calculation of shipping rates in VirtueMart Google Merchant export
- Added support for Stockable Custom Fields in combination with Custom Fields For All
- Use billing details if there are no shipping details on VirtueMart Snelstart export
- Added shopper group filter to VirtueMart User Info export
- Added DROP TABLE IF EXISTS to VirtueMart database backup
- Reworked the Google Merchant export
- Added media_published field for VirtueMart product, category and manufacturer import
We have been asked more and more to support Product Builder by Break Design as an extension to VirtueMart. This has not fallen unto deaf ears as we introduce Product Builder support in this release of CSVI Pro. The Product Builder consists of 3 different import/export routines, these are:
- Custom Products
With these 3 imports you will be able to import all your needed data for Product Builder. We love to hear your feedback on this in the forum if you have any suggestions and/or remarks.
RSForms! Pro support
This may seem a little strange that we have an RSForms! Pro export added into CSVI Pro because RSForms! Pro has an export feature build-in. The added value of having support for RSForms! Pro is that you can now schedule your exports using cron. So you can have exports at set times using the power of CSVI Pro.
With CSVI Pro you have full control over how you export your data, when you want to export the data and where to you want to export the data. The power is yours.
We have been putting in a lot of blood, sweat, tears and love into supporting HikaShop as we believe this shopping system deserves it. The number of import/export routines have been extended with the following:
- Characteristic import/export
- Product variants import/export
- Shipping rates import/export
- Custom fields import/export
- Brands import/export
With these import and export routines we have completed the basic set of routines needed to maintain your HikaShop. The next step is to work on the documentation side on how to explain how to use these routines. Some of the documentation is already done such as the HikaShop Variants, the HikaShop Variants and the HikaShop shipping rates.
Some other changes have been made as well to the existing routines:
- Empty Hikashop price table using maintenance menu
- Added selection for child products on HikaShop product export
- Added turn the order_product_options into a human readable field in HikaShop Order export
- Added HikaShop Product export to filter on child products
Please let us know on the forum if you have any suggestions/remarks for the HikaShop support.
We have improved the template override system to be more flexible. You can now create an override per template, so you can customize each import and export as you like per template. For example you have 2 different templates for importing two different files and each require custom coding. In the old version you would have to include all the changes into the same file while now you can create one override per file. The same goes for exports, you can modify the export routine as you like per template.
Besides specific changes for specific components, there are also a number of other changes we have made, though minor we believe they are important. These changes are:
- Added download option to Backup templates
- Added limit the number of images to download from ICEcat
- Added edit button in template wizard
- Added option to retrieve data from a URL using POST method and verification
- Added option to delete file from FTP server after import completes
- Changed the cron details output to be more detailed
- Changed the update of available fields more robust
- Added auto-select known fields when creating a field map
- Available fields update takes back to available fields view instead of logs page