New release CSVI Pro 6.6.4
Continuing on the path of further stabilizing CSVI, we have released version 6.6.4 which fixes a few more issues that have been found.
The issues fixed in this release are:
- Fine-tune VirtueMart Google Merchant export
- Fixed VirtueMart Product import not setting thumbnail in some cases
- Fixed thumbnail not being set in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed category name and path not matching error in VirtueMart Category import
- Fixed Product override price getting updated when its empty in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed multi-variants warnings on VirtueMart Product export
- Fixed VirtueMart Order export not exporting product_attribute values
- Fixed FTP trying to login twice
- Fixed SEF URLs containing helper/ in the URL
- Fixed timestamp in logs not showing local date and time
- Fixed storing of end timestamp being the same as start timestamp
New release CSVI Pro 6.6.3
The CSVI Pro 6.6.3 is a stability release with a few fixes:
- Fixed ICEcat images not being loaded
- Fixed VirtueMart custom override and disabler not taking multiple values
- Fixed Custom fields as available fields for Google Merchant export
- Fixed About us page, view not found error
- Fixed ICEcat images not being loaded
- Fixed VirtueMart Google Merchant export parent products
- Fixed VirtueMart Google Merchant shipping rates not calculated properly
- Fixed VirtueMart Google Merchant shipping rate price not having currency
- Updated the cron job to do it's own garbage collection
- Fixed margin plugin not updating value when no comparison operator set
- Fixed duplicate import required for Product Builder compatibility import
New release CSVI Pro 6.6.2
The CSVI Pro 6.6.2 is a stability release with a few fixes:
- Fixed HikaShop custom field import throwing notice
- Fixed loading default VirtueMart language
- Fixed not able to cancel template field edit page
- Fixed deleting of HikaShop Custom field
- Fixed importing of HikaShop Custom field
- Improved the loading of a default language for VirtueMart templates
New release CSVI Pro 6.6.0
The previous version has been released over 2 months ago but things have been busy on the development side of CSVI. We have a huge list of changes and new features that you asked for. Keep the requests coming :) Of course, as always, we squased a number of bugs as well. Let's check out all the changes that have been implemented into CSVI 6.6.0.
The fixes that are in CSVI Pro 6.6.0
- Fixed restoring template with one field
- Fixed Product price publish date fix on VirtueMart prices
- Fixed duplicate path in image in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed fatal error on VirtueMart Product import when no language set
- Fixed Custom Fields For All not updating new values
- Fixed Save button on the Field Mapper
- Cleaning product manufacturer relation before importing new ones in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed cron not importing multiple files from folder
Internal server error
This is an issue that comes up not once in a while but all the time. Since this error tells us completely nothing other than that something has gone wrong but won't tell us what. So we have improved the notice that shows up when this error occurs on how to proceed next. The notice looks like this now:
Joomlafication of CSVI
CSVI is moving to be more Joomla style rather than follow it's own style. The Settings in CSVI has been moved to the Global Configuration of Joomla where all components have their settings. To access the options you go to the Dashboard in CSVI and click on the Options button.
The menu has changed as well, did we always have a horizontal menu at the top, CSVI now has the left menu like everywhere else seen in Joomla.
We have also implemented the search tools as used by Joomla. Now you can filter everywhere at the same place.
The VirtueMart support has been improved further yet again, there seems to be no end to this :) Here is a list of the changes we have added for VirtueMart:
- Added option to store only media link in VirtueMart Product import
- Added calculation of shipping rates in VirtueMart Google Merchant export
- Added support for Stockable Custom Fields in combination with Custom Fields For All
- Use billing details if there are no shipping details on VirtueMart Snelstart export
- Added shopper group filter to VirtueMart User Info export
- Added DROP TABLE IF EXISTS to VirtueMart database backup
- Reworked the Google Merchant export
- Added media_published field for VirtueMart product, category and manufacturer import
We have been asked more and more to support Product Builder by Break Design as an extension to VirtueMart. This has not fallen unto deaf ears as we introduce Product Builder support in this release of CSVI Pro. The Product Builder consists of 3 different import/export routines, these are:
- Custom Products
With these 3 imports you will be able to import all your needed data for Product Builder. We love to hear your feedback on this in the forum if you have any suggestions and/or remarks.
RSForms! Pro support
This may seem a little strange that we have an RSForms! Pro export added into CSVI Pro because RSForms! Pro has an export feature build-in. The added value of having support for RSForms! Pro is that you can now schedule your exports using cron. So you can have exports at set times using the power of CSVI Pro.
With CSVI Pro you have full control over how you export your data, when you want to export the data and where to you want to export the data. The power is yours.
We have been putting in a lot of blood, sweat, tears and love into supporting HikaShop as we believe this shopping system deserves it. The number of import/export routines have been extended with the following:
- Characteristic import/export
- Product variants import/export
- Shipping rates import/export
- Custom fields import/export
- Brands import/export
With these import and export routines we have completed the basic set of routines needed to maintain your HikaShop. The next step is to work on the documentation side on how to explain how to use these routines. Some of the documentation is already done such as the HikaShop Variants, the HikaShop Variants and the HikaShop shipping rates.
Some other changes have been made as well to the existing routines:
- Empty Hikashop price table using maintenance menu
- Added selection for child products on HikaShop product export
- Added turn the order_product_options into a human readable field in HikaShop Order export
- Added HikaShop Product export to filter on child products
Please let us know on the forum if you have any suggestions/remarks for the HikaShop support.
We have improved the template override system to be more flexible. You can now create an override per template, so you can customize each import and export as you like per template. For example you have 2 different templates for importing two different files and each require custom coding. In the old version you would have to include all the changes into the same file while now you can create one override per file. The same goes for exports, you can modify the export routine as you like per template.
Besides specific changes for specific components, there are also a number of other changes we have made, though minor we believe they are important. These changes are:
- Added download option to Backup templates
- Added limit the number of images to download from ICEcat
- Added edit button in template wizard
- Added option to retrieve data from a URL using POST method and verification
- Added option to delete file from FTP server after import completes
- Changed the cron details output to be more detailed
- Changed the update of available fields more robust
- Added auto-select known fields when creating a field map
- Available fields update takes back to available fields view instead of logs page
New release CSVI Pro 6.5.7
The CSVI Pro 6.5.7 is a stability release with a few fixes:
- Fixed fatal error on importing VirtueMart products in certain cases
- Fixed VirtueMart Category import not storing the description
- Added option to reset the menu entries to fix invalid URLs
- Fixed the import of Product Filter plugin values
- Fixed FTP username and password stored even though not used
- Changed take the default language when none set in VirtueMart import and export
- Fixed FTP filename not replacing placeholders
- Changed to always load a language on VirtueMart template editing
- Fixed VirtueMart product import Custom Fields for All not inserting repeated names
A release packed with changes, there are so many I can't list them all here. Please see the download page for the full list of changes but let's highlight some of the most notable changes in CSVI 6.5.0 Pro.
A lot of changes in the 6.5.0 release are related to improved support for HikaShop. What are these changes? Well see here:
- Added option to allow consecutive category imports on HikaShop product import
- Added product fields to HikaShop order export
- Added ICEcat support to HikaShop product import
- Added username field to HikaShop order export
- Added HikaShop price export
- Added filters for HikaShop order export
- Added support multiple usergroups on HikaShop customer import
- A plugin to trigger a HikaShop order export after a cutomer placed an order using Mass action rule
More HikaShop options will be added in future releases, if you have any wishes, let us know.
HikaShop Mass action export single order
You can now connect HikaShop and CSVI via the mass action setting. This will trigger CSVI to export the order that has just been placed by the customer. To see how to set this up, read the Export order after an order is created document, it will explain it all. If you have more ideas on how to use Mass action with CSVI, let us know.
Stockable Custom Fields are back
VirtueMart has removed the Stockable Custom fields some time ago but Break Design has developed a plugin to make them available again. Now CSVI supports the Stockable Custom fields as well. Since it works a little different from the old one, make sure you read the documentation on how to use it. See the Stockable variants import document for details.
StyleWare Google Maps
In the past CSVI supported StyleWare Google Maps but we have taken it to the full extend now. You can use CSVI Pro to import and export:
- K2 Items
- K2 Categories
- Joomla Content
- Joomla Categories
It was already possible to create a menu item for running an export but you can now also trigger an export using a link. Have a look at the Setting up a front-end export template document on how to get everything setup.
How do I install or update?
Read the Installation or updating of CSVI 6 article to follow the steps to install or update to CSVI 6 Pro.
Where can I download CSVI 6 Pro?
CSVI 6 Pro is available to everybody with an active subscription. The packages are available from the CSVI Pro download page.
Where can I download the translations for CSVI 6 Pro?
As of CSVI 6 Pro, there are no separate language packs to install anymore. Each release of CSVI will contain the most up-to-date translations from Transifex as long as 50% or more has been translated.